I am in my Second Trimester of pregnancy now, and ensuring I get enough fats in my diet is essential to keeping my skin supple, and also provides essential fats for my developing baby.
This is so quick to put together, all you need to have ready to go are some ripe and spotty bananas. 10 minutes of mixing and you will have a yummy banana bread ready to bake!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 40-50mins
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 4tsp Stevia
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Mashed Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk or Milk of Your Choice
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 & 3/4 cups of plain or wholemeal flour
- 1Tbsp linseeds
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 1Tbsp dark choc chips (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 165 degrees Celcius.
- Whisk up oil, honey and stevia until well mixed in a large bowl.
- Add the 2 eggs and mix again
- Add the mashed bananas (can have a few chunks) and milk and mix again.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract/paste and mix.
- Now using a spatula, add the flour and mix well.
- Add linseeds and dark choc chips.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and sprinkle top with cinnamon, chia seeds and choc chips.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. The bread is ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to sit for 20 mins bbefore serving.
- I love this served with butter!